Follow @naijaanarchist

Saturday 5 September 2015

Family Celebrates A Miracle As Man Resurrects


A 70 year old retired civil servant (pictured above with his family) who had been certified dead in a private clinic in Benue state, Nigeria, was said to have resurrected after about 30 hours. His son had gone to the morgue to identify the corpse before it could be embalmed, when the 'miracle' occurred. The scared witnesses immediately took to their heels, but one of the attendants finally plucked up some courage and went to attend to the man who was immediately readmitted into the clinic.
The septuagenarian who was said to have developed a voracious appetite had this to say:
“What I remember is that I was in a vehicle and traveled a long distance. When I got there, there were many people and there was a lot of celebration and merriment and the people were happy. But they did not allow me to stay with them. They said I should go back and repeat my work. I am much better now and I thank God for everything and I also owe many thanks to the hospital for taking care of me and my family members who have been worried. I hope they will continue to be with me until I am completely free from this stress. It’s a miracle.”
Events like this are not uncommon and examples can be found here and here. The family will certainly be relieved they do not have to foot the bill of a funeral, which is the only thing close to a miracle about this whole event. The real tragedy would have been burying a man who had not actually died, even though they would never have known this. His son was also full of praises to God for the miracle: “This is God’s miracle. We glorify God’s name. God is merciful and we can’t thank Him enough for keeping my father alive. What if they had embalmed him? They did not because they were waiting for us. And when I visited the man came alive. It’s God’s work.”
I am indeed happy for this family whose sorrow has turned to joy, but they should be under no illusions that there was any miracle involved. It was simply an unfortunate case of human error on the part of the doctor who declared their patriarch dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment